Note To determine the currently-installed version, click the Information icon that is located on the upper-right side of the Main menu bar in the DPM 2010 Administrator Console on the DPM Server.
This hotfix rollup resolves the following issues:
- When you change the ports that are used by the Data Protection Manager 2010 Remote Access service, recovery jobs may fail.
- On some client computers, the System volume runs out of space when local shadow copies are created and when the shadow copy storage is set to UNBOUNDED.
- When you try to use one Data Protection Manager 2010 server to protect more than 1,000 client computers, you receive a warning that states that you cannot protect more than 1,000 client computers by using Data Protection Manager 2010. You receive this message even though Data Protection Manager 2010 can protect up to 3,000 client computers.
- When you try to use one Data Protection Manager 2010 server to protect more than 1,000 client datasources, you receive a warning that you cannot protect more than 1,000 datasources by using Data Protection Manager 2010. You receive this message even though Data Protection Manager 2010 can protect up to 3,000 client datasources.
- Data Protection Manager 2010 does not support the IBM System Storage TS2900 Tape Autoloader backup, recovery, or detailed inventory operations. The tape is left behind in the drive after any of these operations.
- When you use Data Protection Manager 2010 Replication Agent to protect a 1.2 terabyte SQL server that has lots of .ndf secondary data files, Data Protection Manager 2010 Replication Agent crashes.
- If you are not the administrator on a client computer, you cannot perform an end-user recovery of protected data on the client computer.
- When there are many client computers that trigger client back up or client recovery operations, corresponding jobs are not triggered on the Data Protection Manager 2010 server. When the Data Protection Manager 2010 server enters this state, any later client backup or client recovery operations are not triggered on the Data Protection Manager 2010 server.
- Data Protection Manager 2010 experiences slower performance if you try to protect more than 300 client datasources on a secondary Data Protection Manager 2010 server.
- Data Protection Manager 2010 does not keep a recovery point for a client datasource that was not synchronized during the retention period.
- If there are many list items within of a SharePoint List in a SharePoint Content Database, the generation of a SharePoint Item level catalog will fail continuously for the SharePoint Content Database.
Hotfix rollup information
Download informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center.
System Center Data Protection Manager 2010, 64-bit edition
Download the System Center Data Protection Manager 2010, 64-bit hotfix package now.
Note This hotfix rollup package applies to all supported language versions of System Center Data Protection Manager 2010.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesThe following list contains prerequisites for the hotfix rollup package:
- To install this on a Data Protection Manager 2010 server that is running Windows Server 2008 R2, you must have the following hotfix installed:2223201 Event ID 82 may be logged in the System log after you extend the protected dynamic volume on a Windows 7-based or Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer
- To install this on a Data Protection Manager 2010 server that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, you must have the following hotfix installed:2279787 Event ID 82 may be recorded in the System log after you extend the protected dynamic volume on a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008
Installation instructionsThis Data Protection Manager 2010 rollup package consists of three separate updates. To install each update, follow these steps:
- Install the rollup package on the server that is running Data Protection Manager 2010. To do this, run the DataProtectionManager2010-KB2465832.exe file on the server.
Note You do not have to restart the Data Protection Manager server after you install this rollup package.
- Update the remote Microsoft SQL Server installation that is hosting the DPMDB database. To do this, as appropriate, run either the 32-bit or the 64-bit SqlPrep-KB2465832.msp file on the computer that is running SQL Server.
Note This step is not required if you are running a SQL Server DPMDB instance on the Data Protection Manager 2010 server.
- In the DPM Administrator Console, update the protection agents. To do this, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Update the protection agents from the DPM Administrator Console
- Open the DPM Administrator Console.
- Click the Management tab, and then click the Agents tab.
- In the Protected Computer list, select a computer, and then click Update on the Action pane.
- Click Yes, and then click
- In the Enter Credentials and Reboot option dialog box that is displayed, enter your credentials, select the Manually restart the selected servers later option, and then click OK.
Note You do not have to restart the computer to update the agent. This is why the Manually restart the selected servers later option was selected.
- Obtain the update protection agent package from the "Data Protection Manager installation location\DPM\Agents\RA\3.0.7707.00" directory on the Data Protection Manager 2010 server.
- For x86-based updates: i386\1033\DPMAgentInstaller_KB2465832.exe
- For x64-based updates: amd64\1033\DPMAgentInstaller_KB22465832_AMD64.exe
- Run the appropriate DPMAgentInstaller.exe package on each protected computer.
- Open the DPM Administrator Console on the Data Protection Manager 2010 server.
- Click the Management tab, and then click the Agents tab.
- Select the protected computers, and then verify that the agent version is listed as 3.0.7707.00.
- Run the DPMManagementShell2007-KB2465832.msp file on any computer that is used to manage the Data Protection Manager 2010 server.
Note This step is not required if you are running the Data Protection Manager Management Shell on the Data Protection Manager 2010 server.
Restart informationIf the DPM Management Shell is open when you install the hotfix rollup package, you must restart the computer. Otherwise, a restart is not required.
Additional installation informationAfter the server has restarted, use these methods to initialize the hotfix package:
- For custom DPMRA ports: Run the setAgentCfg.exe on the Data Protection Manager 2010 server by using a valid production server FQDN and port number.
- For the IBM Library and others: Add the following registry key and value: Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\AgentDWORD: RSMCompatMode
Value: 29 (Decimal)
- The administrator of a client computer must set the name of non-admin users who have to have permissions to perform end-user recovery of protected data of a client computer. To do this, the administrator must add the following registry key and value for each of these non-admin users. This is single key that contains a comma-separated list of client users. You do not have to add this key separately for each non-admin user. Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Agent\ClientProtectionREG_SZ: ClientOwners
Value: Names of non-admin users. This should be a comma-separated list of user names without any leading or trailing spaces, as in the following example: domain1\user1,domain1\user2,domain1\user3 (and so on)
File informationThe English (United States) version of this hotfix rollup uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix rollup. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File Size||Date||Time||Platform|
رقم الموضوع: 2465832 - آخر مراجعة: 21/03/2011 - المراجعة: 1