You have a server that is running the Remote Desktop Virtualization Host service on Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.
When you configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) on the server to add the server as a domain controller, you experience the following symptoms:
- All existing RemoteFX-enabled virtual machines (VMs) do not start.
- An administrator cannot create a RemoteFX-enabled VM.
To resolve the issue, use one of the following methods.
Method 1Remove the RemoteFX 3D video adapter from the VM. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Hyper-V Manager. To do this, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Hyper-V Manager.
- In the details pane, under Virtual Machines, select the VM that you want to configure. The VM must be off for you to be able to change its settings.
- In the Action pane, click Settings under the virtual machine name.
- In the navigation pane, click RemoteFX 3D Video Adapter.
- Click Remove, and then click OK.
Method 2Reconfigure AD DS so that the server that is running the Remote Desktop Virtualization Host service is not a domain controller. Instead, make the server a member server or a member of a workgroup.
This behavior is by design. Running AD DS on a server that is also running a RemoteFX-enabled VM is not a supported configuration.
رقم الموضوع: 2506417 - آخر مراجعة: 24/04/2017 - المراجعة: 4
Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard, Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation, Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials, Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 Standard, Windows Server 2012 Foundation, Windows Server 2012 Essentials, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1