Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
This article describes how to set the default attachment folder to a different location.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To Modify the Registry Setting
- Click Start, and click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
- Double-click Personal in the right pane.
- Change the value to the path you want. For example:
C:\My Attachments, would set the location to the My Attachments folder.
%USERPROFILE%\My Documents, would set it to the My Documents folder on a computer that had more than one user profile.
- On the Registry menu, click Exit.
- Restart Outlook.
رقم الموضوع: 252732 - آخر مراجعة: 26/01/2007 - المراجعة: 1