- You have a geometry instance and a GEOMETRYCOLLECTION instance that contains intersecting polygons in Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
- You create a query that calls the STUnion() method between the twoinstances.
- You try to run the query.
In this scenario, the intersection of the GEOMETRYCOLLECTION instance's polygons is not contained in the query result that the STUnion() method returns.
Cumulative update information
Cumulative update package 3 for SQL Server 2008 SP3The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 3. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Run the following query in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio:
DECLARE @p1 geometry = 'GEOMETRYCOLLECTION (POLYGON ((0 0, 1 1, 1 0, 0 0)), POLYGON ((0.5 0, 1.5 1, 1.5 0, 0.5 0)))';
DECLARE @p2 geometry = 'POINT(0 1)';
- Click the Spatial results tab of the result that is returned by the query.
رقم الموضوع: 2660646 - آخر مراجعة: 30/01/2012 - المراجعة: 1