Event ID: 1801
CA failure - Failed to set continuously available property on a new or existing file share as Resume Key filter is not started.
Event ID: 1008
The filter failed to attach to a volume because the volume supports short names but the filter does not support short names.
How to disable and remove short file namesNote Cluster shared volumes must have a drive letter assigned before you run these commands. To assign a drive letter to a cluster shared volume, go to the "How to assign a drive letter to a volume" section.
- To determine whether short file names are enabled, run the following command:Fsutil 8dot3name query <volume path>The output shows the global and per-volume settings.
- To disable short file name creation on a specific volume, run the following command:Fsutil 8dot3name set <volume path> 1
- To remove short file names from a specific volume, run the following command:Fsutil 8dot3name strip <volume path>Note We recommend that you remove the existing short file names from the volume before you enable the Continuously Available property.
Warning If youpermanently remove short file names and do not change the registry keys that point to the short file names, unexpected application failures may occur. These failures include the inability to uninstall an application. We recommend that you first back up your directory or volume before you try to remove short file names.
- Run Mountvol.exe without parameters to determine the volume name of the cluster shared volume.
- Assign a drive letter by using the volume name value that you obtain in step 1. To do this, run the following command:Mountvol.exe <drive letter>: <volume name>
- After you disable short file name creation, remove the mount point. To do this, run the following command:Mountvol.exe <drive letter>: /D
رقم الموضوع: 2772113 - آخر مراجعة: 05/06/2015 - المراجعة: 1