- You use Windows Explorer on a client computer that is running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) to connect to a Distributed Authoring and Versioning (DAV) server.
- The DAV server is configured to Require client certificates or Accept client certificates from client computers that revert to other authentication methods. For example, the DAV server is configured for revert to Basic Authentication.
- You map a drive by using a user account that is not the default logon user account on the client computer. To do this, you use one of the following methods:
- You select the Connect using different credentials option when you use the Map Network Drive UI.
- You run the net use command together with the /User parameter.
- You have installed update 2727994 on the client computer, and one of the following conditions is true:
- There is more than one certificate that the user can select.
- There are no certificates in the certificate store on the client computer.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
For more information about how to obtain a Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Registry informationTo apply this hotfix, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Note The default setting on an SAP DAV server is "Accept Certificate." Therefore, the server asks the client to transfer a certificate. When the client does not send a certificate, authentication is performed by using another method, such as Basic Authentication. In this situation, the DAV client should use Basic Authentication, even if you configure the DAV server Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) setting for client certificates to "Accept Certificate."
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the icm/HTTPS/verify_client parameter on an SAP DAV server, go to the following website: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
رقم الموضوع: 2801244 - آخر مراجعة: 20/11/2013 - المراجعة: 1