- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for applying the update package
- Whether you must restart the computer after you apply the update package
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package
- Whether you must make any changes to the registry
- The files that the update package contains
Issues that this cumulative update fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issue:
- 2796758 User cannot join a Group Chat room after you add the user to a DG that is a member of the Group Chat room in a Lync Server 2010 environment
- 2670342 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010, Group Chat: February 2012
- 2514984 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010, Group Chat: November 2011
- 2571550 Description of the update for Lync Server 2010 Group Chat: July 2011
- 2500447 Description of the update for Lync Server 2010 Group Chat: April 2011
Update package informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the MgcServer.msp package now.
Release Date: March 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for applying this cumulative update.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Replacement informationThis update replaces the following previously released update:
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationInstall this update on a Lync Server 2010, Group Chat server. To do this, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the Lync Server 2010, Group Chat features are installed, configured, and functioning correctly. A Lync Server 2010, Group Chat server includes a Channel server, a Lookup server, and a Compliance server.
- Stop the Channel and Lookup services.
- Run the MgcServer.msp file on all computers that have the Group Chat server role installed.
- Run the Server Config tool on the Lync Server 2010, Group Chat server by using one of the following methods.
- At a command prompt, type the following command, and then press Enter:%programfiles%\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Group Chat Server\serverconfigtool.exe /s
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Group Chat.
- At a command prompt, type the following command, and then press Enter:
- Click Yes when you receive the following message:
You must have read/write permission to the server's configuration files to complete this task.
Then, the Server Config tool upgrades the existing Group Chat database schema. Additionally, the Server Config tool changes the configuration files of the server to reflect the upgrade.
Note Shut down all Group Chat servers before you perform this upgrade.
- Restart the Channel and Lookup services, and then restart the Compliance server.
رقم الموضوع: 2803651 - آخر مراجعة: 14/03/2013 - المراجعة: 1