- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Datacenter x64
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition x64
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition x64
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter x64
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition x64
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition
The hashes of prestaged data are affected by the following:
- Audit properties
- The copy tool, such as Robocopy.exe or Xcopy.exe, that is used
This article discusses how to use the Backup program to prestage data. This article includes a method that you can use to verify prestaged data before the initial DFS replication (DFSR) synchronization.
How to use the Backup program to prestage DFSR data
- Back up the data by using the Backup program. You can back up to tape or to a file.
- Transfer the backup to the destination server.
- Restore the backup to the destination server. The hashes that are computed by DFSR for each server should be identical for files that have not changed.
How to verify DFSR hashes before the initial synchronizationTo verify file hashes you will need to use the DFSRDIAG filehash option to compare a relative sample of the prestaged files. The version of DFSRDIAG that support the filehash option shipped in Windows 2008 R2. It is also available as part of the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7. You can down load the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 from this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d2f6ad7-656b-4313-a005-4e344e43997d&displaylang=en
Example of dfsrdiag filehash
There is a sample script that uses DFSRDIAG FILEHASH available that can be used to compare a random subset of files on DFSR members to verify hashes post file copy or restore. The script can be found here - http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/1de44cc1-ce79-4e98-9283-92548fc02af9
رقم الموضوع: 947726 - آخر مراجعة: 11/09/2011 - المراجعة: 1