How to disable Simplified Account Creation in Outlook 2016
When you configure an account in Outlook 2016, you are presented with the Simplified Account Creation dialog box, as shown in the screen shot.
However, you prefer to use the traditional account dialog box to configure new accounts in Outlook 2016, as shown in the following screen shot.
If you use the Group Policy information in this article to disable the Simplified Account Creation, click here to provide feedback
about why you prefer the traditional account dialog box and how the Simplified Account Creation feature could be improved to work in your environment.
To disable the Simplified Account Creation dialog box in Outlook 2016 and to use the traditional account dialog box instead, follow these steps.Important
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration
in case problems occur.
- Exit Outlook.
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate for your version of Windows.
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8: Press Windows Key + R to open a Run dialog box. Type regedit.exe, and then click OK.
- Windows 7: Click Start, type regedit.exe in the search box, and then press Enter.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following subkey in the registry:
- After you select the key that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Type DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation, and then press Enter.
- Right-click DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
The Simplified Account Creation feature was first introduced in Click-to-Run installations of Outlook, starting with version 16.0.6769.2015. You must be signed in to an Office 365 account to activate this feature.
To see the account that you're signed in with, click File, click Office Account, and then view your User Information.
Auto Account Setup; Connect Outlook to Office 365;
رقم الموضوع: 3189194 - آخر مراجعة: 09/09/2016 20:56:00 - المراجعة: 2.1