Activation code required when signing in with a Microsoft account on your Windows Phone
We were trying to activate your phone without troubling you about it, but something went wrong, so we need some more information before we can continue. Tap close and we’ll explain.
ACTIVATE WINDOWS PHONE
There was a problem setting up your Microsoft account on the phone, and we need an activation code to finish setup. You can call customer service to get the code, then enter it here. If you tap Skip, we'll let you know the next time you do something that requires activation, so you can call then.
Note Microsoft account is still called Windows Live on Windows Phone 7. So, if you're on a Windows Phone 7, your error message will show "ACTIVATE WINDOWS LIVE," and it will refer to your account as a "Windows Live ID" instead of "Microsoft account."
Note The appearance of the Activate Windows Phone screen does not reflect a problem with the Microsoft account that you're trying to sign in with.
Things to Try
1. Get a new activation codeTo receive a Windows Phone activation code, contact the Microsoft Customer Service team by calling:
Brazil: (55) (11) 5504-2155
France: 09 70 01 90 90
Germany: +49 (0) 1806 - 67 22 55
Italy: +39 02 38 591 444
Poland: (+48) 22-594-1000
Russia: +7 (495) 9678585
United Kingdom: (+44) 0344 800 2400
United States: 800-642-7676
You can find information for other locations by going toMicrosoft Worldwide.
Important You should keep your new activation code someplace safe. If you ever have to reset this phone back to factory settings, you’ll see the Activate Windows Phone screen again, and you can reuse this new activation code. Don't share your code with anyone else. Doing this may prevent your new code from working.
Note You can tap Skip on the Activate Windows Phone screen, which lets you continue to use your phone until you get a new activation code.
2. Return to the Activate Windows Phone screen and enter your new activation codeYou'll be able to enter your new activation code the next time that you use a Windows Phone feature that requires a Microsoft account sign in (such as playing a game on Xbox Live, downloading an app from Windows Phone Store or Marketplace, or adding a Hotmail or Outlook email account). In any of these instances, you'll receive a Microsoft account sign in screen, and then you'll be asked to enter your new activation code.
For example, you can access a Microsoft account sign-in screen by adding a Microsoft account to your phone. Here's how:
- On your phone, go to Start, flick left to the App list, tap Settings , and then tap Email+accounts.
- Tap Add an account, and then tap Microsoft account (tap Windows Live on a Windows Phone 7).
- If you haven't signed in with a Microsoft account yet, the Before you sign in screen appears. On this screen, tap Next.
- Tap the Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) box, and then enter your Microsoft account.
- Tap the Password box, and then enter your Microsoft account password.
- Tap Sign in. You'll see the Activate Windows Phone screen. Enter your new activation code and tap Activate.
- Should I try signing in with a different Microsoft account?
No, you’ll still be asked to enter an activation code even if you have a different Microsoft account. The prompt to enter a new activation code does not reflect a problem with the Microsoft account that you're trying to sign in with.
- What happens if I tap Skip on the Activate Windows Phone screen – can I still use my phone?
Tapping Skip closes the screen and cancels your Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) sign-in attempt. However, you can still use your phone to make calls, run most built-in applications, send text messages, and surf the Internet. After you receive your new activation code, see step 2 in the "What to Try" section, learn how to return to the Activate Windows Phone screen, and enter your new activation code.
- What should I do with my new activation code after I’ve entered it?
Keep this code somewhere safe in case you have to access it again. For example, you'll need your code if you ever have to reset your phone back to factory settings.
ИД на статията: 2431699 – Последен преглед: 06/12/2014 09:27:00 – Редакция: 19.0
- kbwp7 kbwp8 kmcustomerservice kbmsccsearch KB2431699