How to disable Simplified Account Creation in Outlook 2016
In Outlook 2016, when you configure an account, you are presented with the Simplified Account Creation dialog box, as shown in the following image.
You prefer to use the traditional account dialog to configure new accounts in Outlook 2016, as shown in the following image.
If you use the Group Policy information in this article to disable the Simplified Account Creation, please click here to provide feedback
about why you prefer the traditional account dialog box and how the Simplified Account Creation feature could be improved to work in your environment.
To disable the Simplified Account Creation dialog box in Outlook 2016 and use the traditional account dialog instead, follow these steps to set the policy.Important
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration
in case problems occur.
- Exit Outlook.
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate for your version of Windows.
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8: Press Windows Key + R to open a Run dialog box. Type regedit.exe and then click OK.
- Windows 7: Click Start, type regedit.exe in the search box, and then press Enter.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following subkey in the registry:
- After you select the key that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Type DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
Auto Account Setup; Connect Outlook to Office 365;
for other considerations.
ИД на статията: 3189194 – Последен преглед: 08/31/2016 17:15:00 – Редакция: 1.0