Restart your phone with the SIM card inserted (your phone loads the settings from the SIM card) and retry your mobile data connection, for example with a web browser app.
If you cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection
- Enable the mobile data connection on your phone.
Go to Settings > Network & wireless > Cellular & SIM (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings > cellular+SIM) and switch Data connection to On.
- Check that data roaming is activated when you are not in your home network.
Go to Settings > Network & wireless > Cellular & SIM and select Data roaming options > roam (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings > cellular+SIM and select data roaming options).
- Make sure you have not reached your data limit.
To see the data usage, go to Settings > Network & wireless > Data usage. Lumia with Windows Phone 8: From the Start screen, swipe left to the App list and start Data Sense app. Switch Restrict background data usage and/or Restrict background data usage when roaming to Off.
- Confirm with your mobile operator that you have an active mobile data subscription (access to internet) on your SIM card.
If your mobile data connection is still not working, try entering the new settings manually
If you can connect to a WiFi network on your phone or you are near your computer, try searching online to find the internet settings for your mobile operator. To add your settings manually:
Lumia with Windows 10:
- Go to Settings > Network & wireless > Cellular & SIM > SIM settings > Add an Internet APN.
Lumia with Windows Phone 8:
- Option 1 - Go to Settings > access point, and tap +.
- Option 2 - Go to Settings > cellular+SIM > SIM settings > SIM, and tap add Internet APN or switch Manual internet APN to On.