- Service description
- How to submit a request online
- Supported Products/Solutions & Boundaries
- More information
Gain a competitive advantage to win more deals through technical presales support. Request technical consultation and customized guidance throughout the presales process to help you position Microsoft solutions, overcome customer objections, demonstrate the value of solutions, and present solutions to your prospective customers.
Use your partner advisory hours to help you develop better solutions, accelerate deployment, and increase consumption of Microsoft solutions throughout every stage of your customer relationships by leveraging technical training and personalized assistance to transform your business.
More service information
|Support benefit||Products||Requirements||Create a request|
|Technical Presales ||Cloud and hybrid products; limited on-premises products* ||Gold or silver competency partners may qualify for no-charge** |
Action Pack partners use advisory hours
|Sign in to use the My support benefits and activities page, Submit a request, and then Submit an Advisory Service request|
|Deployment Services ||Cloud and hybrid products; limited on-premises products*||5 or more advisory hours available ||Sign in to use the My support benefits and activities page, Submit a request, and then Submit an Advisory Service request |
*Windows 10, Windows Server, and Microsoft SQL Server. See below.
**To qualify for the no-charge Technical Presales offering, you must provide the customer name and details of the project. The US$3,000 revenue minimum does not apply to deals made for cloud services or free software like Internet Explorer. For smaller deals, you can also use your partner advisory hours to access this benefit.
How to submit a request online
- Sign in to the Microsoft Partner Network with a Microsoft account that is associated with your partner organization. You can use any email address as the username for your Microsoft account, including addresses from Outlook.com, Yahoo!, or Gmail.
- Select the appropriate country/region to view country specific information (for example, phone and chat details). If available, a local language page and online submission workflow will be used. You can use any portal to submit a request because the request routing is defined by the country or region selected on the contact information page (step 5).
- Sign in to use the My benefits and activities page, Submit a request, and then Submit an Advisory Service request
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, Phone number and Email address.
- Carefully select the country or region because it is used to route the request to the appropriate support team, language, and time zone. Then click Continue.
- The Provide request details page requires you to specify a title, technology, and displays the advisory hours remaining.
- Select a Scenario and Deployment Type, and then provide a Problem Description. Click Submit to create your request.
- A Thank you page will display confirming that the request has been created. You will also be sent an email confirmation with the tracking ID.
As we continue to invest in cloud support, we have reduced coverage of some products that are exclusively on-premises. As such, we no longer provide Technical Presales Assistance and Deployment Services (via partner advisory hours) for exclusively on-premises products, with the following exceptions: Windows 10, Windows Server, Skype for Business, and Microsoft SQL are supported. Additionally, all hybrid scenarios made up of both cloud and on-premises products are supported.
See Technical Presales and Deployment Services – supported products and scenarios
- My support benefits and activities
- Technical Presales and Deployment Services
- Technical Presales and Deployment Services – supported products and scenarios
- Microsoft Partner Network technical benefits summary
- Cloud support for Microsoft partners
- Using an Access ID and a Contract ID to create on-premises professional support incidents
Note: Using the Contact Microsoft Support button requires you to login into the MPN site using a valid Microsoft Partner Network login. If you do not have a valid Microsoft Partner Network login or are having problems logging in to MPN, you can get more information or assistance from the MPN Support site.