To make the Microsoft account website more accessible for people with disabilities, we’ve created keyboard shortcuts, views in high contrast, and invoices available as PDF files. This article is a guide to help you interact efficiently with the website.
If you're looking for help with your account, see Microsoft account help instead.
This info only applies to Microsoft account holders in the United States. If you’re outside of the United States, visit the Microsoft accessibility website for a list of telephone numbers and addresses for Microsoft support services. Information about accessibility is available in other languages, including Japanese and French.
By default, the Mozilla Firefox browser does not support the use of the TAB key for keyboard shortcuts. For information about turning on support for the TAB key, please refer to Firefox Help.
|To do this||Use this keyboard shortcut|
|Refresh the current view.||F5|
|Zoom in||CTRL + Plus sign|
|Zoom out||CTRL + Minus sign|
|Return to 100% zoom||CTRL + 0|
|Select or clear a check box.||SPACE|
|Select the next item.||TAB|
|Select the previous item.||SHIFT + TAB|
|Perform the action for the selected item.||ENTER|
|Within views, navigate through an item list.||Arrow Keys|
|Within views, navigate through multiple pages.||PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN|
|Within views, navigate to the first or last item on the current page.||HOME or END|
|Within views, navigate to the first or last item in a list.||CTRL + HOME or CTRL + END|
|Open the Internet Options dialog box in Internet Explorer, where you can change accessibility settings.||ALT + T, and then press O|
If you use Microsoft Edge, view Ease of Access in Microsoft Edge for help on browsing more easily.
If you use Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
- In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- On the General tab, select Accessibility.
- Select the Ignore colors specified on webpages check box, the Ignore font styles specified on webpages check box, and the Ignore font sizes specified on webpages check box, and then click OK.
For high contrast views in another web browser, consult that browser’s help.
Most operating systems also include settings for high contrast mode. For information about high contrast mode and other accessibility options in Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10, go to the Windows accessibility help page, and then select your operating system version from the drop-down list next to Browse categories. For other operating systems, consult that product's help.
This procedure applies to Windows 8 or later, Adobe Acrobat Reader XI, and NVDA 2013.1 or later. It may work with older versions but it has not been tested.
- Make sure NVDA is running.
- Start Adobe Acrobat and open the desired PDF file.
- A Reading Untagged Document dialog will appear if NVDA is running.
- The dialog contains the following items:
- A message describing the tagging process.
- A combo box labeled Reading Order. Use Alt+r to move the focus to the combo box, which contains three choices:
- Infer reading order from document (recommended)
- Left-to-right, top-to-bottom reading order
- Use reading order in raw print stream
- Two radio buttons:
- Read the currently visible pages only. Use Alt + p to select.
- Read the entire document. Use Alt + d to select. (Recommended)
- A check box labeled Always use the settings from the Reading Preferences (Do not show this dialog again). Use Alt + a to check this box.
- A Start button. Use Alt + s or the Enter key to press the Start button.
- A Cancel button. Use Alt + c to press the Cancel button.
Acrobat will add tags to the document and describe its progress. When it finishes, NVDA's reading commands (including browse mode commands) will allow you to read the text, tables, and hyperlinks in the document. Use Tab and Shift + Tab to move between hyperlinks.
Where can I learn more?
To learn more about Acrobat and accessibility, see http://www.adobe.com/accessibility/products/reader.html.
To learn more about NVDA, see http://www.nvaccess.org/.
Article ID: 11685 - Last Review: 14 ag. 2017 - Revision: 40