App publishers sometimes update their apps to add new features and fix problems. Microsoft Store on Windows can automatically install app updates.
For Windows 10
- On the Start screen, select Microsoft Store to open the Store.
- Select the account menu (next to the search box), then select Settings.
- Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to Yes.
For Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1
- On the Start screen, select Store to open the Store.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Settings.)
- Tap or click App updates.
- Make sure Automatically update my apps is set to Yes.