Remote Assistance Support from Microsoft allows a Microsoft support professional in another location to view your computer screen and work on your computer over a secure connection.
By using Remote Assistance support from Microsoft, you agree that during this session, the support professional may start the recording function. This will result in your communications being recorded and logged by the Remote Assistance session. You may request that a link to this recording be e-mailed to you after the session. If you do not agree to the possibility of recording, please do not accept the Microsoft agreement below.
a. Fixes. We grant you a non-exclusive, perpetual, fully paid up license to use and reproduce the fix we or our designee deliver to you for your internal use only. Fixes are not for resale or distribution to unaffiliated third parties. Except as otherwise provided herein, the license rights granted to fixes are governed by the license agreement for the affected product or, if the fix is not provided for a specific product, any other use terms we provide. Your use of the product is governed by the license agreement for the product. You are responsible for paying any product licensing fees. “Product(s)” means any computer code, web-based services or materials comprising commercially released, pre-release or beta products (whether licensed for a fee or no charge) and any derivatives of the foregoing we or our designee make available to you for license which is published by us, our affiliates or a third-party. “Fixes” means product fixes that we either release generally (such as commercial product service packs) or that we or our designee provide to you when performing services (such as workarounds, patches, hot-fixes, updates, bug fixes, beta fixes and beta builds) and any derivatives of the foregoing. You may not modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, change the file name of or combine with any non-Microsoft computer code any fixes delivered to you.
b. Pre-Existing Work. All rights in any computer code or non-code based written materials “materials”) developed or otherwise obtained by or for us or our affiliates, or you or your affiliates independent of this agreement (“pre-existing work”) shall remain the sole property of the party providing the pre-existing work. During the performance of the services, each party grants to the other party (and our contractors as necessary) a temporary, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce and modify any of its pre-existing work provided solely for the performance of services. We grant you a non exclusive, perpetual, fully paid up license to use, reproduce and modify (if applicable) our pre-existing work, excluding products, in the form delivered to you that we leave with you at the conclusion of our performance of services for use with any developments (if applicable). The license rights granted to our pre-existing work are limited to your internal use only and are not for resale or distribution to unaffiliated third-parties.
c. Developments. We grant you a non-exclusive, perpetual right to use, reproduce and modify any computer code or materials (except for fixes or pre-existing work) that we leave with you at the conclusion of our performance of the services (“developments”) for your internal use only. Developmentsare not for resale or distribution to unaffiliated third parties.
d. Sample Code. In addition to the rights set out in the Developments section above, you are also granted a non-exclusive, perpetual right to reproduce and distribute the object code form of any computer code, provided by us for the purpose of illustration (“sample code”) provided that you agree:
e. Open Source License Restrictions. Because certain third party license terms require that computer code be generally
f. Affiliates Rights. You may sublicense the rights contained in this section to your affiliates, but your affiliates may not sub-license these rights and your affiliates’ use must be consistent with these license terms contained herein.
a. NO WARRANTY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO ANY SERVICES, OR OTHER MATERIALS OR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY US.
b. Application of local laws. If applicable law gives you any implied terms, despite the exclusions and limitations in this agreement, then to the extent permitted by applicable law, your remedies are limited as determined by us, in the case of services to either
These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the software.
As described below, using some features also operates as your consent to the transmission of certain standard computer information for Internet-based services.
3. BACKUP COPY. You may make one backup copy of the software. You may use it only to reinstall the software.
4. DOCUMENTATION. Any person that has valid access to your computer or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your internal, reference purposes.
5. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see www.microsoft.com/exporting.
6. SUPPORT SERVICES. Because this software is "as is," we may not provide support services for it.
7. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement, and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
8. APPLICABLE LAW.
a. United States. If you acquired the software in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort.
b. Outside the United States. If you acquired the software in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
9. LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. The software is licensed "as-is." You bear the risk of using it. Microsoft gives no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws which this agreement cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, Microsoft excludes the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
11. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. You can recover from Microsoft and its suppliers only direct damages up to U.S. $5.00. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages.
This limitation applies to
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
- anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
- claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
By selecting the ‘I accept’ option of Remote Assistance support from Microsoft, you agree that during this session, the support professional may capture screen shots for quality and/or training purposes.
If you do not choose to accept screen shots being captured, please select the ‘I do not accept’ option and request other quality support options such as phone or chat support.
Once you accept screen shots being captured, please close all windows or documents that may contain personal information.
Note: LogMeIn (LMI) Rescue is a 3rd party remote assistance product that is currently used to provide remote support to Microsoft customers. Microsoft support uses the Enterprise version of LogMeIn Rescue as the primary Remote Desktop Assistance tool to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
With LogMeIn Rescue, Microsoft support engineers can view or share control of the remote computer, chat, and highlight sections of the customer’s screen without the need to pre-install software.
LogMeIn Rescue differs from other remote access products from LogMeIn and other companies in that it is a reactive, permission-based support tool. No permanent software is installed on customer’s PC/device in order to deliver support that requires remote access, and Microsoft support engineers can only remotely access a Microsoft customer’s PC with that customer’s explicit permission – permission that must be granted each and every time a customer requests support. Support from Microsoft will be initiated from this site only.
This product information should not be considered an endorsement or support by Microsoft. Microsoft may discontinue use of this tool without prior notice.
Article ID: 29289 - Last Review: 28 set. 2016 - Revision: 14