The amount of seats that are required varies by the membership level (silver or gold) and the market in which the seats are deployed. These details can be viewed on the Cloud Platform competency page. To view the requirement, select the Silver or Gold link under Requirements and refer to the Meet a sales goal section.
How the sales performance goal is recognized:
Unlike the other two Cloud Performance competencies, qualifying sales data for the Cloud Platform competency does not originate from the Online Services Partner Dashboard. Instead, partners must take the following actions:
- Opt-in to the Cloud Platform competency in the Partner Membership Center
- Submit details of Enterprise Agreements or Open Agreements as proof of Azure consumption
Competency opt-in process:
To enroll in the Cloud Platform competency, partners must first opt-in. If this step is not completed, the Cloud Platform competency will not be displayed on the Competency Summary page in the Partner Membership Center.
The opt-in process can only be completed by an individual that is associated to the membership with administrator rights.
To opt-in, the administrator will need to complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the Partner Membership Center.
- From the menu bar at the top of the screen, select Requirements & Assets. Then select Opt-in to Cloud Platform Competency from the dropdown menu.
- A dialog box will display. Select Ok to confirm opt-in.
- After completing this process, the Cloud Platform competency will be displayed as “In Progress” on the Competency Summary page in the Partner Membership Center. The partner can then submit details about Azure consumption to meet the sales goal requirement.
How to submit Azure consumption information:
Proof of Azure consumption can be entered in the Partner Membership Center by an individual that is associated to your organization’s membership with administrator rights.
The administrator will need to do the following:
- Complete the Cloud Platform competency opt-in process described in the section above.
- Access the Competency Summary page in the Partner Membership Center. (From the menu at the top of the screen, select Requirements & Assets and then Competency Summary.)
- Locate the Cloud Platform competency. (If it does not appear, the partner has not competed the opt-in process yet.) Select the Silver or Gold link as applicable.
- Locate the text “Click here to provide Azure Consumption information.” Then select Click here.
The Azure Consumption Information dialog box will appear.
- Enter the Azure consumption information into the following fields:
- Enterprise Agreement or Open Agreement number
- Customer name
- Customer address
- Azure products and services used
Note: The data entered is not validated by the system. Therefore, if you enter an invalid agreement number or customer name, an error message will not result.
- To enter more than five customers, click + Add additional row.
- Click Submit to send the information to Microsoft for validation. (If you save the information but do not click Submit, it will not be reviewed.)The submitted information will be reviewed by Microsoft and the status updated on the Competency Summary page within two business days. You can click the View/Update link at any time to add consumption details or review previously submitted information.
Note: If you are not able to complete the submission process due to a system issue, please contact your Regional Service Center for assistance.
How to confirm the status of the sales performance requirement in the Partner Membership Center:
The status of the Azure consumption submission and approval is displayed on the Competency Summary page in the Partner Membership Center.
On the Competency Summary page, expand the Cloud Platform section. Refer to the two messages that appear beneath Azure Consumption Requirement.
The first message refers to the submission status of the Azure consumption information.
The second message refers to the approval statusof the requirement.
Example 1: In the following screenshot, the partner has not submitted Azure consumption information. Notice that the submission status message asks the partner to submit Azure consumption information. You will also notice that the approval status message says to allow 48 hours for an approval decision. (Note that “48 hours” is intended to mean “two business days.")
Example 2: In the following screenshot, the partner has already submitted their Azure consumption information. Notice that the submission status message informs the partner that Azure consumption information was last submitted on October 14, 2014. Notice that the green checkmark to the left of the approval status message confirms that the Azure consumption is met.
If you've submitted your Azure consumption information and two business days have passed without a change in your status, click here for help.
For all other questions, please contact your Regional Service Center for assistance.
Note: Using the Contact Microsoft Support button requires you to login into the MPN site using a valid Microsoft Partner Network login. If you do not have a valid Microsoft Partner Network login or are having problems logging in to MPN, you can get more information or assistance from the MPN Support site.
Article ID: 3011058 - Last Review: 20 abr. 2017 - Revision: 3