You have a server that is running the Remote Desktop Virtualization Host service in Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1. When you configure Active Directory on the server to add the server as a domain controller, you experience the following symptoms:
- All existing RemoteFX-enabled virtual machines do not start.
- An administrator cannot create a new RemoteFX-enabled virtual machine.
This issue is by design. Running Active Directory Domain Services on a server that is also running a RemoteFX-enabled virtual machine is not a supported configuration.
To resolve the issue, use one of the following methods:
Method 1Remove the RemoteFX 3D video adapter from the virtual machine. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Hyper-V Manager. To do this, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Hyper-V Manager.
- In the details pane, under Virtual Machines, select the virtual machine that you want to configure. The virtual machine must be off in order to change its settings.
- In the Action pane, under the virtual machine name, click Settings.
- In the navigation pane, click RemoteFX 3D Video Adapter.
- Click Remove, and then click OK.
Method 2Reconfigure Active Directory so that the server that is running the Remote Desktop Virtualization Host service is not a domain controller. Instead, make the server a member server or a member of a workgroup.
ID článku: 2506417 - Poslední kontrola: 16. 2. 2011 - Revize: 1