- The MIME filter is expected to be registered and unregistered dynamically in a WebBrowser control host application.
- The WebBrowser control browses to local content by using a file protocol.
When you use this custom MIME filter in Windows Internet Explorer 9, you may notice that the MIME filter is disabled and is not invoked.
Note If you use Windows Internet Explorer 8, the custom MIME filter is always invoked.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click to select the following registry subkey. For 32-bit:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControlFor 64 bit:
- After you select the subkey that is specified in step 2, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click Key.
- Type FEATURE_ENABLE_CUSTOM_MIME_FILTER_RELOAD_FOR_KB2628551, and then press Enter.
- Right-click the FEATURE_ENABLE_CUSTOM_MIME_FILTER_RELOAD_FOR_KB2628551 entry, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type iexplore.exe, and then press Enter.
- Right-click iexplore.exe, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
Security update informationTo resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, visit the following Microsoft website:
Note This update was first included in security update 2618444.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
ID článku: 2628551 - Poslední kontrola: 19. 12. 2011 - Revize: 1