Can't download albums in Windows Live Photo Gallery after upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7
After your computer is upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7, you cannot download albums in Windows Live Photo Gallery.
When you try to download an album from OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) or from photos.live.com, a new browser window or a new tab that contains http://download.live.com/photogallery appears. Then, you are prompted to download and then install Windows Live Photo Gallery again.
Note The expected behavior when you download an album is that the Windows Live Photo Download Wizard dialog box is displayed.
During the installation of Windows Live Photo Gallery, a registry key that stores the version of Windows Live Photo Gallery is created. However, the registry key is deleted incorrectly during the upgrade process. Therefore, you are prompted to download and then install Windows Live Photo Gallery again, and cannot download albums.
Diagnose and fix the problem automatically
The Windows Photo and Slideshow Problems troubleshooter may automatically fix the problem described in this article.
This troubleshooter fixes many problems.Learn moreRun now
Let me fix it myselfImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
To fix this problem, use one of the following methods:
Method 1Use the Repair option for Windows Live Essentials in Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Method 2Regenerate the registry key to inform Windows Live Photo Download Wizard which version of Windows Live Photo Gallery you are running. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey.
On 32-bit systems:On 64-bit systems:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Version VectorHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Version Vector
Note You have to create the Version Vector registry subkey if it does not exist.
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click String Value.
- Type WLPG, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click WLPG, click Modify, type 3 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
How the MATS package works to fix this problem
- The MATS package scans your computer and detects if the following conditions are true:
- The computer is running Windows 7.
- The Photo Gallery folder exists under the following path: %programfiles(x86)%\Windows Live
- The WLPG registry value that is located in the registry subkey is not equal to 3 or does not exist.
- The MATS package regenerates the registry key to inform Windows Live Photo Download Wizard which version of Windows Live Photo Gallery you are running.
Note During this process, a dialog box appears. This dialog box gives you the option to fix the issue automatically (this is the recommended option) or to manually select individual issues to fix.
- The MATS package verifies that the registry was regenerated successfully.
Other issues that the MATS package fixes
930097 Computer is slow when Windows Photo Gallery displays TIFF images that do not fit into one page in Windows Vista
2415237 Can't preview pictures in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista
2415238 Color issues in the print preview of an image in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista
938818 Can't see pictures in a slide show in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista
944221 Windows Live Photo Gallery freezes or can't start
939395 An image and its background become yellow in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista
930102 Image transition issues in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows XP or in Windows Vista
2425702 A screen saver that displays pictures stops working in Windows
ID článku: 2009298 - Poslední kontrola: 02/20/2014 05:52:00 - Revize: 14.1
Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Ultimate
- kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertisebeginner kbexpertiseinter kbmatsfixme kbsurveynew KB2009298