Was this information helpful? Please send us your feedback
When you try to use Remote Assistance to offer assistance to a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you receive the following error message:
The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable.
This problem can occur because Remote Assistance is blocked by the Windows Firewall on the computer that receives assistance.
- The MATS package scans your computer and detects if the following requirements are met:
- Windows Firewall is the default firewall.
- The computer is running Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Remote Assistance is blocked in Windows Firewall for the current network location
- If all the requirements are met, the troubleshooter asks you if you want to allow Remote Assistance.
- If you click Yes, the troubleshooter allows Remote Assistance. If you click No, Remote Assistance remains blocked.
Artikel-id: 2289618 – Seneste udgave 29. feb. 2012 – Udgave 1