In a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and Exchange Server 2013 coexistence environment, Microsoft Outlook clients may be unable to set their out of office (OOF) or view free or busy information. Specifically, clients may experience the following symptoms:
- When you try to schedule meetings, the free or busy times for attendees are not displayed. Only hash marks are displayed for attendees.
- When you try to set the out of office, attendees may receive the following error message: Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later.
Cannot find the appropriate SOAP header or body.
The IIS uploadReadAheadSize attribute configures a limit for the number of bytes in the entity body of a request and the number of bytes that a web server will read into a buffer and pass to an ISAPI extension. This issue occurs because the setting for the uploadReadAheadSize attribute is too small.
To resolve this issue, increase the size of the IIS UploadReadAheadSize setting on the Exchange Server 2013 CAS role. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand Sites, expand Default Web Site, click the EWS virtual directory, and then click Configuration Editor on the feature page.
- In the Section box, expand system.webServer, and then click serverRuntime.
- Set UploadReadAheadSize to 49152.
- Run the iisreset command to reset Internet Information Services.