The original behavior was in a Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 Collaboration Portal site, you can create a Workflow Association that has the following two options enabled (checkboxes selected):
- Start this workflow when an item is changed
- Update the approval status (use this workflow to control content approval)
When this configuration was chosen for a Document Library that has versioning enabled, the status of the Workflow Instances was always In Progress and the content approval always resulted in being always set to Pending even after the Workflow Task was approved. The Workflow Instances never reached a final status Completed, and the Document the Workflow Instance was started for never stayed at the final status Approved.
With the Cumulative Update the behavior changed and the option Update the approval status (use this workflow to control content approval) can only be selected if Start this workflow when an item is changed was notchecked.
A combination of Start this workflow when a new item is created and Update the approval status (use this workflow to control content approval) is still possible.
If you have used a Content Approval Workflow before the Cumulative Update was installed, you will still experience the original behavior even after the Cumulative Update got installed. The reason for this is the Workflow Association Form is installed into the SharePoint Central Administration InfoPath Form Templates Library and not automatically updated when instaling the Cumulative Update.
In order to get the Workflow Association Form updated you need to manually execute the following steps. The steps affect the whole Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 Farm, so you only need to execute them once.
- For every existing Site Collection got to Site Settings\Site Collection Features and deactivate the Routing Workflows feature
- Open a Command Prompt
- Change to the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\bin\
- Execute the following command: stsadm -o uninstallfeature -name reviewworkflows -force
- Wait until the command finished
- Execute the following command: stsadm -o installfeature -name reviewworkflows -force
- For every existing Site Collection that had the Routing Workflows Features activated before go to Site Settings\Site Collection Features and activate the Routing Workflows feature
- Restart the Internet Information Services (IIS) on every of your Web Servers of your Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 Farm.
Artikelnummer: 2553522 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 27.05.2011 – Revision: 1