If it is a Dynamic Worksheet or Dynamic Pivot table:
Unable to open https://ORGNAME.crm.dynamics.com/_grid/print/print_data.aspx?tweener=1. Cannot download the information you requested.
If it is a static worksheet that you marked to be eligible for re-import:
The file is corrupt and cannot be opened.
1. Right click on the file that you have saved and click Properties.
2. Click Unblock in the Security section on the General tab.
3. Click Apply and OK to close the Properties window.
4. Double click the file to open it in Excel.
5. You may see the message “To view and refresh dynamic data, Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook must be installed. If it is already installed and configured, click "Refresh from CRM" to sign in to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. If you do not want to be prompted again to sign in, click “Save my e-mail address and password” on the Sign In page.
a. If you click Refresh All on the Data tab, you will still see the error that it was unable to open the page.
b. Click on Connections on the Data tab.
c. Highlight the Connection and click Properties.
d. Click on the Definition tab and click Edit Query.
e. Click Yes if you are prompted with an HTTPS warning.
f. Sign in to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, or with your Domain Credentials if you have Claims and IFD enabled for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 On Premise.
g. You will see a generic error; Click OK.
h. Click Cancel in the Edit Web Query window.
i. Click Ok to close the Connection Properties window.
j. Click Close to close the Workbook Connections window.
6. Click Refresh All and your data should now appear.
To open a Static worksheet that you have marked for re-import:
1. Right click on the file that you saved, and click Properties.
2. Click Unblock in the Security section of the General tab.
3. Double click the file to open it in Excel.
Artikelnummer: 2554009 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 16.02.2012 – Revision: 1