1. Is Office Online is installed and working on SharePoint Farm?
- The TechNet link Install FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint provides further details on installation of FAST
- The TechNet link Deploy Office Online (Installed on SharePoint 2010 Products) provides further details on Office Online installation specifics
Office Online Install Validation:
After installing Office Online and running the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard, there will be a service application available for the PowerPoint and Word file formats of .pptx and .docx. Open Central Administration and go to Manage Service Applications. There will services for PowerPoint and a Word viewing service application listed. Click on the service application to check the configuration.
Testing 'View in browser' feature:
a. Browse to a SharePoint site document library hosting Office files of .pptx and .docx format.
b. Within the document library, click on a PowerPoint or Word file and the file should open in the browser. Or you can select the dropdown arrow next to the file, and choose from the menu "view in browser” to test Word or PowerPoint web app functionality.
After installing Office Online, you need to re-crawl all content to populate the required serverredirectedurlfield for indexed content.
3. If you have customized your Fetched Properties (Search Core Results Web Part -> Display Properties -> Use Location Visualization unchecked) confirm that the properties sitename, fileextension and serverredirectedurl are present. Those are mandatory properties for the Thumbnail and Preview to work.
4. Confirm that the managed property “serverredirectedurl” field contains the correct value.
You can utilize the Fast Search QRServer to retrieve the value from the "serverredirectedurl" field. The value of the "serverredirectedurl" field should
be working and accessible. This can be tested by pasting the value into a web browser. The document should correctly render and be displayed.
5. Check the SharePoint ULS logs on the server running SharePoint Search Service for information related to ”wacproxy”.
6. Utilize an HTTP Debugger to validate that the wacproxy.ashx requests have "HTTP Status: 200".
The request to wacproxy.ashx may return the following:
Bad response example:
Good response example:
7. Verify that Document Previews and Thumbnails are enabled in the core results web part on the Fast Search result page.
8. Validate that "Word Viewing Service", "Word Viewing Service Application Proxy", "PowerPoint Service Application", and "PowerPoint Service Application Proxy" are associated to the web application.
9. If the search site is using HTTPS, ensure that the following required fix is installed:
Note: If SSL is being used, you must add the correct root certificate and all intermediate certificates in the chain to the SharePoint Trust Relationships configuration:
SharePoint Central Administration\Security\Trust Relationships
10. Confirm if a Network Load Balancer (NLB) device is being utilized in the SharePoint Farm. When utilizing a Network Load Balancer (NLB) with FAST Search, "Source Persistence" is required to allow the wacproxy redirect to successfully re-authenticate with the FAST Server. If the wacproxy redirect utilizes a different SharePoint Front-End Server, document previews and thumbnails within search results will not be displayed.
In the above example, 192.168.1.1 is the IP Address for a SharePoint Front End and the name nlbcluster.contoso.com is the NLB Cluster name. This test will force network connectivity going to nlbcluster.contoso.com to stay on SharePoint Front End server, thus by-passing the NLB device.
If this workaround allows Document Thumbnails and Previews to be displayed, you should look further into the NLB configuration for a permanent resolution.
If F5 Big-IP Load Balancers are being utilized, review the Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 (BIG-IP LTM v10.2.x, v11) Deployment Guide for more information.
11. This problem may be a result of security update MS08-068:
a. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
b. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
d. Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.
e. Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.
f. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
g. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the server.
12. Is the SharePoint Search Site using Claims Based Authentication?
For more information see the KB Article Document Previews not available with Claims Based Authentication
ULS Viewer - http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/ULSViewer
Description of the SharePoint Server 2010 Cumulative Update Server Hotfix Package (MOSS server-package): December 31, 2010
How to use a Hosts file to test a site that uses host headers on an Intranet - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228760
You receive error 401.1 when you browse a Web site that uses Integrated Authentication and is hosted on IIS 5.1 or a later version
MS08-068: Vulnerability in SMB could allow remote code execution - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957097
Document Previews not available with Claims Based Authentication - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2641517
Artikelnummer: 2554903 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 17.04.2014 – Revision: 1