Issue 1In this scenario, an organization has multiple active directory domain controllers (DCs) that replicate with one another. The Active Directory Connector may not function correctly when DC switchover occurs. In this scenario, the connector can potentially miss some updates that are made on the domain controller.
Additionally, the connector may have the same problem for a single domain controller that is restored from a backup.
PrerequisitesTo install this update, you must have Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Cumulative Update 2 for System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 installed. For more information how to obtain the update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Components that are affected by this updateThis update applies to the following Service Manager components:
- Service Manager Server (SM Server)
Download the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the SCSM2010SP1_OD_KB2561415_AMD64_7.0.6555.118.exe package now.
Release Date: June 17, 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to install this updateImportant Before you install this update, we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Back up the ServiceManager database.
- Back up the encryption keys for SM Server.
For more information about how to back up the database and the encryption keys, visit the following TechNet website: Note After you apply this update, you must create a new AD connector. Existing AD connectors are not guaranteed to correctly synchronize updates when you change to a new DC. Afterward, when you change domain controllers or when a DC is recovered from backup, the AD connector should correctly synchronize new objects or updates to existing objects from AD.
To install this update, follow these steps:
- Exit all Service Manager-related applications before you apply this update. For example, exit the Service Manager Console, the Self-Service Portal links, and the authoring tool.
- Download this update to a destination folder.
- Open the destination folder.
- Right-click the following file, and then click Run as administrator: SCSM2010SP1_OD_KB2561415_AMD64_7.0.6555.118.exe
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then follow the steps in the installation wizard.
The following .dll files are updated by this update and should have the version number that is indicated:
- Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Connector.AD.dll, version 7.0.6555.118
- Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Connector.SessionManager.dll, version 7.0.6555.118
The following stored procedure is added to the Service Manager Server:
How to determine whether this update is installed correctlyTo determine whether this update is installed correctly, use one of the following methods:
- In Control Panel, open Programs and Features.
- Click View installed updates.
- Check whether the following item is displayed in the list that appears: Hotfix for Microsoft System Center Service Manager SP1 (KB2561415)Note If the computer is running SM Server, this item appears under Microsoft System Center Service Manager SP1.
Method 2:View the log files to determine whether any errors occurred during the installation of the cumulative update. To do this, examine the log files in the %temp% folder.
On a x64-based system, verify the following log files in the %temp% folder:
Determine whether the issue is resolvedTo determine whether this issue is resolved, check the following:
- The AD Connector should consistently import changes that were made to user accounts, to computers, to printers, and to group objects on the new DC. Before this fix, all updates and new objects were not imported under certain conditions.
Artikelnummer: 2561415 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 27.06.2011 – Revision: 1