Network Monitor (NetMon) file captures are very helpful for troubleshooting. In most cases, a NetMon capture helps provide a quicker resolution to a reported issue.
To collect NetMon trace files to send to Microsoft, follow these steps:
- Sign out of Lync or Communicator.
- Exit Lync or Communicator.
- Open Task Manager, and then confirm that Communicator.exe is not running.
- From a web browser, do a Bing search for netmon oneclick, or visit the following Microsoft website:
- Download and save OneClick_Autorun.exe to your desktop.
- Install Network Monitor 3.1 OneClick. To this, run the OneClick_Autorun.exe file.
Note You may have to right-click OneClick_Autorun.exe, and then click Run As Administrator.
- The Network Monitor One-Click Traffic Capture window appears. (This is a Command Prompt window that has a dark red background.) Press Enter on your keyboard to select the default location to save the capture file.)
- Restart Lync or Communicator, and then reproduce the problem.
- Switch back to the NetMon Command Prompt window, and then press the X key to stop the capture. A Windows Explorer window should open that contains the newly created xOneClick.cap file.
- Compress the OneClick.cap file into a single file. It can have any name, but it is best for the name to resemble 050706_<user name>.zip.
- Switch back to the NetMon Command Prompt window, and then press any key to unload and close NetMon.
Artikelnummer: 2573377 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 17.11.2016 – Revision: 1