Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
1. Click Start, click Run, type Regedit, and then click OK to open the Registry Editor window.
2. Browse to one of the following locations depending if you use a 32-bit or x64 operationg system:
HKEY_Local_Machine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Business Solutions\Great Plains\v11.0\1033\
HKEY_Local_Machine\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Business Solutions\Great Plains\v11.0\1033\
3. Right-click the instance folder for the instance of Microsoft Dynamics GP that has the issue, and then click Export. Export the key to a location to backup the Registry key.
4. Expand the instance of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 that has this problem. For example, the default instance is under the DEFAULT folder.
5. Click the SETUP folder to view the contents in the right-hand pane.
6. Double-click the 'County' key and enter the appropriate value. The 'Country' value should match the country/region that was selected during the installation of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010. For example for a United States install enter 'United States'.
7. Click OK.
8. Close the Registry Editor window.
9. Open the Select Features window again for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 and the features will now be available to be installed or removed.
Artikelnummer: 2581260 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 14.07.2011 – Revision: 1