Using the Central Console, you can monitor the health of the various DPM resources such as DPM servers, protected computers, tape libraries, disk space availability and more. The Central Console also tracks the various tasks in DPM servers, such as whether recovery points are being taken at the scheduled times, whether a server is still on the network, and so on.
This hotfix does not contain any other fixes other than enabling Centralized Management feature.
- Note This hotfix contains only DPM server-side fixes that were currently released.However this hotfix does not contain DPM Protection Agent related fixes. Therefore will not require a upgrade of the agents installed on protected servers and clients.
We strongly recommend that you install KB 2465832on both DPM server-side and all protection agents before you install this hotfix. Because after you install the hotfix rollup package in KB 2581742, you cannot access previously serviced agent-side fixes for Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2010.
- Note If you have created customized filters that use the Monitoring UI, they are not retained after you install this hotfix. So users have to copy the file JobFilters.xml from DPMINstallLocation\DPM\bin to the folder %SystemDrive%\Users\User name\appdata\Microsoft\Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager.
- Note This hotfix rollup package applies to all language versions of System Center Data Protection Manager 2010.
PrerequisitesThe following list contains prerequisites for the hotfix rollup package:
- To install this on a Data Protection Manager 2010 server that is running Windows Server 2008 R2, you must have the following hotfix installed: 2223201 Event ID 82 may be logged in the System log after you extend the protected dynamic volume on a Windows 7-based or Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer
- To install this on a Data Protection Manager 2010 server that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, you must have the following hotfix installed: 2279787 Event ID 82 may be recorded in the System log after you extend the protected dynamic volume on a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008
- The Central Console requires Microsoft System Center Operation Manager 2007 R2 to act as the centralized management server for the DPM environment. We recommend that customers have a dedicated installation of SCOM 2007 R2 which is used only for centralized management of DPM. We support Windows server 2008 and Windows server 2008 R2 for installation of SCOM 2007 R2 to work as centralized management server for DPM.
- For centralized management scenarios to work, you need to download and install the centralized management components from the Microsoft System Center DPM 2012 Beta. You have to install the central console server side and client side components to get centralized management scenarios working. For more details on setting up centralized management, refer to the install/help doc available with DPM 2012 Beta.
Installation instructionsMicrosoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2010 Interoperability Hotfix for Centralized Management with System Center Data Protection Manager 2012 Beta contains two separate updates:
- The DPM server-side hotfix, DataProtectionManager2010-KB2581742.exe. This updates the DPM binaries to enable Central Console functionality.
To install the hotfix rollup package on the server that is running Data Protection Manager 2010, run the DataProtectionManager2010- KB2581742.exe file on the DPM 2010 server.
Note This hotfix is a 64-bit executable and can only be applied on 64-bit DPM servers.
- The Microsoft System Center DPM Management Shell feature, DPMManagementShell2010-KB2581742.exe. To install this hotfix rollup, follow these steps:
- You must uninstall any existing copies of Microsoft System Center DPM Management Shell that are on the system. To do this, click Start, type Add or remove programs, and then click Add or remove programs.
- Click Microsoft System Center DPM Management Shell and then, on the toolbar, click Uninstall.
- Follow the on screen instructions to uninstall the program.
- On the system, install either the 32-bit or the 64-bit edition of the dpmui.msi.
Note To install Microsoft System Center DPM Management Shell in a fresh server, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable must be installed. To download the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable, visit the following Download Center webpage:
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Download the Microsoft System Center DPM 2010 Interoperability updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft System Center DPM 2010 Interoperability update package now.
Release Date: September 1, 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Download the Microsoft System Center DPM 2012 BETA editionYou can download the Microsoft System Center DPM 2012 Beta edition from the following website:
Artikelnummer: 2581742 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 18.05.2012 – Revision: 1