- You enable "Windows XP style DPI scaling" from the "Custom DPI Setting" window
- You install a different graphics driver or an adapter on the server that does not support custom DPI font settings.Under these conditions, some of the old custom DPI settings remain on the system and that causes the images used in the chart to be created with the wrong DPI value.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Step 1: Find the current custom DPI value
If you use Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista:
- Right-click the desktop, and then click Personalize.
- In the Personalization dialog box, click Adjust font size (DPI).
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- In the DPI Scaling dialog box, note the selected DPI value.
- Navigate to the Display item in Control Panel.
- In the Display screen, click Set Custom text size (DPI). The Custom DPI Setting dialog box appears, as shown in the following screen shot
- In the CustomDPI Setting dialog box, note the selected DPI value. (For example the value may be: 9 point Segoe UI at 144 pixels per inch )
Step 2: Check the value of each of the following registry keys and ensure that it matches the value you noted in Step 1 of this procedure. If it is different, update the value accordingly:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Hardware Profiles\Current\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Hardware Profiles\####\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontDPI\LogPixels
Artikelnummer: 2588400 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 26.03.2012 – Revision: 1