- You create a Master Data Services (MDS) website on computer that has Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 MDS installed and configured.
- You create a domain-based attribute for a leaf member and a domain-based attribute for a consolidated member. The attributes have the same domain entity for the MDS website.
Note The security permissions for the current user are applied at the entity or member level.
- You open the entity in the Explorer area in Master Data Manager.
Cumulative update informationThe fix for this issue was first released in cumulative update package 3. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Deploy the data for the Product sample model. To do this, run the Model Deployment Wizard from the gettingstarted.aspx page of the MDS website, and then locate the Product_en.pkg file that contains the data for the Product sample model.
Note The Product_en.pkg file is located at the following path:%programfiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\Master Data Services\Samples\Packages
- Access the System Administration page, edit the product entity, and then create the ProductSubCategory consolidated attribute by setting the domain entity to the ProductSubCategory entity.
Note The domain entity for the ProductSubCategory leaf attribute is set to the ProductSubCategory entity.
- Give a user account the following Model permissions for the Explorer area:
- Set the Read-only permission for the Product model
- Set the Update permission for the Product entity
- Set the Read-only permission for the Supply Chain attribute group
- Use the user account to log on to the MDS website.
- Select the Product model, and then click Explorer.
- Click the Entities list, and then select the Product entity.
- Click the Marketing attribute group tab.
Artikelnummer: 2592060 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 17.10.2011 – Revision: 1