This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
If you are unable to install the hotfix package, you can work around this issue by changing the PrintDarkColors
value in the registry to 0
. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, click Start, type regedit in the Start search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following subkey:
- In the details pane, locate the PrintDarkColors value.
- Right-click the value name, and then click Modify.
- In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, change the value in the Value data box to 0 (zero), and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.