This article applies to the following product:
- Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0
- Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2010
- Stand-alone WCF-based BizTalk Adapter for SQL Server
- You create a send port that uses the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)-based SQL adapter to call a stored procedure that inserts rows in the column of a Microsoft SQL Server table. The column of the table cannot store NULL values.
Note The WCF-based SQL adapter is included in Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2010.
- An input message that arrives at the send port has empty elements.
For example, the message has the <ns0:input></ns0:input> or <ns0:input/> empty elements.
In this scenario, an error message that resembles the following is logged in the Application log:
Error details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot insert the value NULL into column '<column name>', table '<table name>'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.
- This issue does not occur if the send port calls a table operation instead of a stored procedure to insert rows in the column of the table.
- The correct value for the empty element is an empty string.
Cumulative update information
BizTalk Adapter Pack 2009The hotfix that resolves this issue is included in cumulative update package 4 for BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0. For more information about how to obtain the cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2604327 Cumulative update package 4 for BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0
BizTalk Adapter Pack 2010The hotfix that resolves this issue is included in cumulative update package 2 for BizTalk Adapter Pack 2010.
For more information about how to obtain the cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Artikelnummer: 2598894 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 01.11.2011 – Revision: 1