· Windows XP is installed in a Windows Virtual PC virtual machine.
· The Windows XP installation is joined to the domain.
· After joining the domain, when you double-click the XP virtual machine to connect to the VM, you receive the following error:
You can log on to continue without these features. To enable the integration features, you can shut down the virtual machine and start it again.
If you click OK, the virtual machine window will launch in basic mode.
If you close and re-open the virtual machine, the errors occur again.
Note: The “Cannot start virtual application”error can also occur when attempting to launch a virtual application.
1. Click Start and then click Run.
2. Type Regedit and then click OK.
3. Navigate to the following registry key:
4. If the fDenyTSConnections registry value is set to 1, change the value to 0 and then click OK.
5. Modify the group policy being applied to this machine to prevent the Remote Desktop feature from being disabled again.
6. Close and re-open the virtual machine window to confirm that the errors no longer occur.
Artikelnummer: 2598988 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 15.08.2011 – Revision: 1