If you’re having problems charging your Microsoft Band 2, try these solutions.
Before you begin
Before trying these solutions, check the USB port where you plugged in your Band’s USB charging cable.
- Make sure you connected the charging cable to a USB port (USB 2.0 or greater) that can supply power. Powered USB ports include those on your computer and those on USB hubs or adapters connected to a power source.
- Most USB hubs don’t supply power and won’t charge your Band.
- On desktop PCs, powered USB ports are often on the back of the PC.
- AC adapters, like those that power your phone, are generally sufficient to power your Band.
- Try charging another device, such as your phone, from the USB port to make sure the port is working properly.
If your Band still doesn’t charge, try Solution 1.
Solution 1: Restart your Band (two-button method)
|Step 1:||Press and hold the power button and the action button on your Band at the same time.|
|Step 2:||After three seconds, your Band will show Turn Power off? You can power down your Band and restart it by swiping left and tapping Yes, or you can continue to hold down both buttons for an additional seven to eight seconds. |
|Step 3:||After an additional seven to eight seconds, your Band’s screen will flash red. You can release both buttons and your Band will perform a quick restart, or you can continue to hold down both buttons for a few more seconds.|
|Step 4:||Release both buttons. Your Band will now be turned off.|
|Step 5:||Press the power button to restart your Band.|
Solution 2: Check the battery status on your Band
|Step 1:||Connect the magnetic charging connector on the USB charging cable to the charging port on your Band, and plug the USB end of the cable into a powered USB port or an AC adapter.|
|Step 2:|| |
Press the power button to see your Band’s current charging status.
If your Band’s battery status appears to be stuck at 80 percent, your Band is probably still charging correctly. Although the battery may reach 80 percent after charging for 20 minutes, it can take two or more hours to charge it to 100 percent. This is normal for lithium-polymer batteries.
After attempting these troubleshooting solutions, if the screen stays dark after your Band has been charging for 10 minutes, go to Contact Us to replace your Band and charging cable.
Artikelnummer: 4000314 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 04.12.2016 – Revision: 25