When you try to build a Windows driver for Windows 10 by using Visual Studio 2015 and the Windows Driver Kit 10, the build is unsuccessful.
This issue may occur if you install Visual Studio 2015 from a DVD or from the ISO you received as part of your MSDN subscription.
Note This issue does not occur if you use the default installation type (Typical for Windows 10 Developers) for Visual Studio 2015 from Download the WDK, WinDbg, and associated tools.
To resolve this issue, make sure that you include the Windows 10 SDK during the installation of Visual Studio 2015. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start the installation of Visual Studio 2015.
- Select Custom as the installation type.
- Select Windows and Web Development.
- Under Universal Windows App Development Tools, select Windows 10 SDK.
- Continue with the installation of Visual Studio 2015.
- After the installation is complete, install the Windows 10 Driver Kit.
When you try to build a Windows 10 driver in Visual Studio 2015, the corresponding Windows targets will be available to build and select under Project Properties.
Artikelnummer: 4011918 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 06.02.2017 – Revision: 11