Manual InstallationTo manually install Backup, use the following steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double- click Add/Remove Programs.
- On the Windows Setup tab, double-click System Tools.
- Click the Backup check box to select it, click OK, and then click OK.
System RequirementsTo use Backup, your computer must have a hard disk with at least 4.9 megabytes (MB) of free disk space. Microsoft also recommends that you have a Microsoft or 100-percent-compatible mouse connected to your computer.
Supported Backup MediaFor a complete list of supported backup devices, click About Microsoft Backup on the Help menu in the Backup program, and then click the Seagate Web address.
- QIC-80, 80 Wide, 3010, 3010 Wide, 3020, 3020 Wide tapes
- TR1, TR2, TR3, TR4 tapes
- DAT (DDS1 and DDS2) tapes
- DC 6000
- 8 millimeter tapes
- Removable media (floppy disks, Jaz disks, or SyQuest cartridges)
The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
Artikelnummer: 182624 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 07.05.2007 – Revision: 1