IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To disable automatic short file name generation, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedt32, and then click OK.
- On the Windows menu, click HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE on Local Machine.
- Double-click the \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem folder.
- Double-click the NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation value, type the number 1 in the Data box, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
Artikelnummer: 210638 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 20.02.2007 – Revision: 1