If you choose to save the file following these error messages, then when you reopen the file, Excel will convert the formula in the cells referenced to:
- You saved your file to one of the following file formats:
- Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 Workbook
- Microsoft Excel 97-2000 & 5.0/95 Workbook
- Microsoft Excel 4.0 Worksheet
- Microsoft Excel 4.0 Workbook
- Your worksheet contains any of the following functions:
- The Transition formula evaluation check box on the Transition tab of the Options dialog box is selected.
Method 1: Disable Transition Formula EvaluationTo disable Transition Formula Evaluation, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Transition tab, click to clear the Transition formula evaluation check box, and then click OK.
Method 2: Use the Corresponding "A" FunctionFor each of the functions listed in the "Cause" section of this article, Excel includes a set of functions that are designed to be 100 percent compatible with Lotus 1-2-3. These functions are known as the "A" functions because all of the function names end with the letter A.
For additional information about using the A functions, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Artikelnummer: 215281 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 07.10.2003 – Revision: 1