- Other fixes that are not documented may be included in the service pack.
- This list will be updated when more articles are released.
Download informationTo obtain SQL Server 2005 SP4, use the following procedure:
- Navigate to Microsoft Update Catalog and search for KB2463332:
- Download the package that is relevant to your edition.
For more information about how to obtain SQL Server 2005 service packs, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Issues that are fixed in this service packFor more information about the issues that are fixed in SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 4, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
|VSTS bug number||KB article number||Description|
|294192||2445326||FIX: 0xC02020A1, 0xC020902A, 0xC0202092, and 0xC0047038 errors may occur at the same time when you try to run an SSIS 2005 package if you use multi-character column delimiters in a Flat File source|
|396531||980671||Correcting the lack of cryptographic salt variation on SQL Server sa login hash|
|308002||968749||SQL Server 2005 setup fails when MSXML Core Services 6.0 Service Pack 2 has already been installed|
Additional issues that are fixed in this service packResolutions to the following issues are also included in SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 4:
|VSTS bug number||Description|
|297747||The multimedia timer frequency does not increase when you use Windows Internal Database.|
|555409||An access violation error may occur during the execution of Extended Stored Procedures under high stress conditions.|
For more information about the cumulative update packages for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Troubleshoot Windows update issues
- The update installation fails.
- The system keeps reminding you to install this update although you already installed it.
- The desktop does not load.
Method 1: Reset Windows Update components and then try updating your computer
To reset the Windows Update components automatically, click the
Fix itbutton or link. Click
File Downloaddialog box, and then follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
Note this Fix it Solution has two modes Default and Aggressive. You should run the Fix it solution in Default mode and determine whether it resolves your problem with Windows Update before you run it in Aggressive mode.
Note this wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note if you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
For more information about how to reset Windows Update components, visit the following Microsoft Website:
Method 2: Manually download the update from the download link and then install it in clean boot modeWe suggest you to install the updates in clean boot mode to avoid the interruption of non-Microsoft programs. To enter clean boot mode on a computer, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or click Continue.
- On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
- Under Selective Startup, clear the Load Startup Items check box.
- Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
- Click OK.
- When you are prompted, click Restart.
- Try update your computer again.
How to identify your SQL Server version and edition