Guidelines for deploying OCS and Lync Server with third party vendor network adapter teaming:
- Update the network adapter drivers to the latest available version from the manufacturer.
- Strictly follow the configuration recommendations of the network adapter teaming manufacturer. Contact the vendor to verify they have tested their network adapter teaming drivers for OCS or Lync Server deployments and provide specific configuration recommendations.
- If network connectivity or performance issues occur on an OCS or Lync Server that has third party vendor network adapter teaming enabled, Microsoft may ask a customer to turn off the network adapter teaming to see whether the issue is resolved. If Microsoft determines that third party vendor network adapter teaming is the root cause of the issue, Microsoft will ask the customer to contact the network adapter teaming vendor for additional analysis.
- Lync Server is supported with Windows Server 2012 NIC teaming load balancing and failover (LBFO)
- If network connectivity or performance issues occur on a Lync Server that has Windows Server 2012 LBFO enabled, Microsoft may ask a customer to turn off the LBFO teaming to see whether the issue is resolved. If Microsoft determines that Windows Server 2012 LBFO is the root cause of the issue, Microsoft will refer the customer to Windows Server 2012 support for assistance.
Windows Server 2012 NIC Teaming Overview
Network adapter teaming and server clustering
Microsoft support policy for NIC Teaming with Hyper-V
Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Server Hardware Platforms
Microsoft Lync Server 2010 recommended hardware
Hardware requirements for Office Communications Server 2007 R2
Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 server hardware requirements
Artikelnummer: 2478464 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 24.03.2013 – Revision: 1