Download and use the Performance Monitor Wizard (PerfWiz) to make the log configuration process easier to set up.
Here is a list of some improvements in the System Monitor tool:
- You can log specific counters and instances of an object, which helps you reduce the size of log files.
- The Print Queue object is a new Performance object that allows you to monitor aspects of a print queue.
- You can start the log on an event using Performance Logs and Alerts.
- Other Performance objects have also been added.
- A sample log file is included in Windows 2000.
- Right-click Counter Logs, click New Log Settings, type a name for the log, and then click OK.
- On the General tab in Windows 2000,click Add to add the counters you want. On the General tab in Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, click Add Counters.
- On the Log Files tab, click the logging options you want.
- On the Schedule tab, click the scheduling options you want.
Using Performance Monitor WizardTo obtain and download the Performance Monitor Wizard (PerfWiz), visit the following Web site:
- If you are troubleshooting a performance issue or an issue that looks like a memory leak, the objects that Performance Monitor should log include but are not limited to the following items. Memory resource issues:CacheFor all other resource issues, add additional counters:
Terminal Services (if a Terminal Server)Logical disk
Server work queues
Thread (do NOT capture if a terminal server)
All Terminal Server counters (if a Terminal Server)
All Protocol counters bound to network adapters
- Physical Disk counters are present by default on Windows 2000.
Artikelnummer: 248345 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 07.01.2008 – Revision: 1