For example, if the main document of your catalog mail merge contains the following numbered list
the numbered list continues for each record of your data source in the catalog merged document, similar to the following:
Method 1: Restart Numbering in Each Numbered List After MergingRestart numbering for each list after you complete the catalog merge. To do this, follow these steps:
- Place the insertion point where you want the numbering to restart.
- On the Format menu, click Bullets and Numbering.
- On the Numbered tab, under List Numbering, click Restart Numbering and click OK.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for each list that you would like to restart numbering.
Method 2: Manually Number ListTo manually number the list in the main document of your catalog mail merge, clear the Automatic numbered lists check box. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect.
- On the AutoFormat As You Type tab, click to clear the Automatic numbered lists check box.
- Click OK to close the AutoCorrect dialog box.