For additional information about how to set up automatic page numbering for a new drawing, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- On the first page of the drawing, draw a rectangle where you want to place the page number. If you do not want a border around the page number, set the line style of the rectangle to
None. If you want a custom border around the page numbers, choose an appropriate shape and format it before proceeding to step 2. This shape is referred to as "Shape A" throughout the remaining steps.
NOTE: If you start the page numbering on a page other than the first page, you must adjust the n variable in the custom formula in step 8. For example, if you start on the second page, the starting page number will be n+2, so if n=4, the page numbering will start at 6.
- Duplicate Shape A. The duplicate copy will be referred to as "Shape B" throughout the remaining steps.
- Select Shape A, and then on the Format menu, click Special. Write down the shapename in the Name section. It should be something like Sheet.1 You need this information for the formula in step 7.
- Select Shape A, and then on the Insert menu, click Field.
- In the Field dialog box, click Page Info for Category and Page Number for Field. Then click
- Select Shape B, and then on the Insert menu, click
- In the Field dialog box, click Custom Formula for Category.
- In the Custom Formula box, add the following formula:=EVALTEXT(shapename!TheText)+nwhere shapename is the name of Shape A according to the
Special dialog box, and "n" is the starting page number minus 1 (so n+1 = starting page number). For example if n=4, the page numbering would start at 5.
NOTE: The EVALTEXT function is case sensitive--it must be in all capital letters.
- Drag shape B on top of Shape A, and then align them both vertically and horizontally.
- Select both shapes, and then on the Edit menu, click Copy. It is important that you do not group the shapes, here or at any other point. Grouping the shapes will invalidate the custom formula that you entered in step 7.
- Go to the next page in your drawing file.
- Click Paste on the Edit menu. The shapes appear, displaying the next consecutive number.
- Repeat steps 11 and 12 for each subsequent page in your drawing file.
Artikelnummer: 255102 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 19.06.2014 – Revision: 1