The correct icon is displayed in Add/Remove Programs with a per-machine installation.
Change the ALLUSERS property by running your package from a command line with the following syntax:
msiexec /i mypackage.msi ALLUSERS = 1
If you want to add this property within your package:
- Open your .msi package in your editing tool. If your editing tool does not allow you to add this property, you may download Orca, a free .msi editor, in the Windows Installer SDK at:For additional information about using Orca, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:255905 HOWTO: Use the Orca Database Editor to Edit Windows Installer Files
- In Orca, click the Property table.
- In the Property table, add the ALLUSERS property.
- Set the value to 1.
- Reinstall your .msi package.
Steps to Reproduce BehaviorUse the steps that follow to reproduce the bug:
- Open an .msi file in Orca.
- Populate the Icon table by typing a name for the icon file, and then type in the path to the icon image.
- In the Property table, add the property ARPPRODUCTICON with the icon name from step 2 as its value.
- In the Property table, set the ALLUSERS property to NULL.
- Install your package.
Artikelnummer: 258558 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 19.06.2014 – Revision: 1