- The name of the incoming Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) server.
- The name of the outgoing Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) mail server, or the Internet Mail Access Protocol (IMAP) mail server.
- Your new e-mail name, account name, and password.
- The ability to use a Dial-Up Networking connection to your ISP, or a local area network (LAN) with access to the Internet.
- Advanced Internet settings, if any are specified by your ISP.
How to Change Your Account InformationYou can easily change your e-mail account information, such as your e-mail address and display name. Use these steps to access your e-mail account properties:
- Start Outlook Express.
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
- On the Mail tab, click your existing e-mail account, and then click Properties.