- Mail backs up between one of the servers in a site and all of the other servers in the site.
- Numerous instances of the following warning event may be logged:Event ID: 9318
Category: Interface Description
An RPC communications error occurred.
Unable to bind over RPC. The locality table (LTAB) index is 76.
Windows NT error code: 1722. [BASE IL MAIN BASE 1 500] (12)
- If you ping by IP, the ping is successful.
- If you ping by server name, the ping may be successful at times and unsuccessful at other times.
- RPC ping does not work in one direction. It works from the answering server, but it does not work from the calling server to the answering server.
- If you restart the server, you temporarily resolve the issue. However, after a period of time, mail flow stops again on the server.
- Right-click Network Neighborhood on the desktop, and then select Properties.
- Click the Protocols tab, select TCP/IP Protocol, and then click Properties.
- Click the DNS tab, and then in the DNS Service Search Order box, verify whether the IP addresses for the DNS servers listed are accurate. If an address is incorrect, click the Edit button to change the incorrect address to the correct address. If the address is valid but the server is no longer being used for DNS, click the Remove button to delete the entry.
Artikelnummer: 261251 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 14.02.2017 – Revision: 1