Under the conditions described in the "More Information" section, when you use IBM's recovery CD for ThinkPad 600X laptop computers, the suspend timer takes longer to suspend the computer if initially the set timer value was 10 minutes or more. Under test conditions when the user sets the suspend timer to 10 minutes, the system goes to standby anywhere between 17 and 21 minutes.
If the suspend timer is set to less than 10 minutes, the timer works correctly. This problem can be reproduced without specific device drivers.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start the computer and navigate to the Desktop.
- Right-click My Computer and then click Properties.
- In the System Properties dialog box, click the Device Manager tab. Select the CD-ROM device, and then click Properties.
- In the CD-ROM Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab. Clear the Auto insert notification check box.
- Restart the computer.
- Navigate to the Desktop.
- From the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel dialog box, double-click Power Management.
- In the Power Management Properties dialog box, click the Power Schemes tab.
- Set the standby time to be greater than 5 minutes.
Artikelnummer: 264909 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 14.02.2017 – Revision: 1