- You have a linked server in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
- There is a table on the linked server that has a SMALLDATETIME type column.
- You run an INSERT or INSERT INTO statement to insert a record that contains DATETIME type data into the table.
Msg 7344, Level 16, State 1, Line 1The OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI10" for linked server "LinkServerName" could not INSERT INTO table "TableName" because of column "ColumnName". Conversion failed because the data value overflowed the data type used by the provider.
Cumulative update information
SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 2The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 3. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Cast the DATETIME type data to the SMALLDATETIME type in the statement.
- Change the SMALLDATETIME type column to the DATETIME type on the linked server.
Artikelnummer: 2699687 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 15.10.2012 – Revision: 1