- Implement the ITextHost interface.
- Use the CreateTextServices function to retrieve a pointer to an ITextServices interface provided by the Richedit20.dll file.
- Handle messages that route and paint for the control.
Similar to all windowless controls, the windowless rich edit control must be contained by a window that is capable of routing messages to and from the windowless rich edit control.
Windowless controls are useful in situations where the overhead of a standard windowed control may not be desirable. Some benefits of windowless objects are:
- They can be transparent.
- They reduce overall size of the object in memory.
- They allow an object to be nonrectangular.
Release Date: Sep-22-2000
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Artikelnummer: 270161 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 11.07.2005 – Revision: 1